A little stumped on finding what’s the best mattress for back pain ? A good quality mattress definitely can help save you from experiencing pain and get better sleep. It can’t be stressed enough exactly how important sleep is for us. Sleep is how we recharge ourselves. A perfectly good nights sleep can be ruined if it is uncomfortable to fall asleep or stay asleep due to back pain that is often caused by sleeping on the wrong type of mattress.
OUCH! Talk about waking up on the wrong side of the bed…There is no waking up on the wrong side of the bed when you just have the wrong bed…period. Coffee may get you going on in the A.M. and help wake you up but it’ll be to a gnawing, achy pain ( that’s what you call a rude awakening). This can be a dreadful feeling when you have to go to work to make an honest living for yourself.
Did you know??? It is quite common among working people between the ages of 30-60 years old to suffer from back pain issues. According to the Mayo Clinic, back pain is the most common reason why people are absent from work and visit the doctor’s office.
Discovering what is best for sufferers like you
Suffering may have been your yesterday or today, but it doesn’t have to be your tomorrow.
Web MD reports:
“To start, says Arya Nick Shamie, MD, associate professor of orthopedic surgery and neurosurgery at Santa Monica UCLA Medical Center, the mattress needs to support your body in a neutral position, one in which your spine has a nice curvature and your buttocks, heels, shoulders, and head are supported in proper alignment”.
“If the mattress is too firm, it will push on those main pressure points and take you out of alignment,” Shamie tells WebMD. “If it’s too soft, those pressure points won’t be properly supported, so your whole body flops back.”
…In fact, researchers in Spain studied people with long-term back pain and found that on a 10-point hard-to-soft scale people who slept on a medium-to-firm mattress (5.6 on the scale) had less back pain than those who slept on a softer mattress.
What to look for when shopping for a mattress ?
Finding “the one” can be a tough job. With a little help it doesn’t have be. A little research from mattress experts suggests that a medium firmness mattress is the best choice as mattress for back pain to help keep your spine properly aligned. You don’t want it too plush/soft where you sink into it…a little give is okay but support is king for those suffering from back pain.
***chronic back pain sufferers should consult with a chiropractic professional
You’ll find your inner Goldilocks soon enough and find what’s just right. Look to consumers who are just like you. People who work hard and want quality for a good price. So, the internet age is good for more than just watching videos of puppies and kittens doing adorable things after all.
Because of the internet, consumers have some major leverage in the buyers market to get the most bang for their buck. You can read trustworthy product reviews of other customers experiences to narrow down all the options that are on the market. We’ve compiled a list that includes OVER 6,000 CONSUMER MATTRESS REVIEWS (…and counting) to help you.
Keep in mind what it takes for a customer to take time to go online to rant or rave about a product, their either super excited and want to tell the world or pretty upset about a terrible product they’ve blown their precious dollars on. Both extremes are driving forces of motivation to share good news or forewarn other buyers like yourself. You get an unbiased source that receives no compensation as a neutral party, with no conflict of interest… can’t go wrong there!
5 Best Mattress For Back Pain | Editor Picks
Having a few mattresses to pick from and going to your local store to test your choices is optimal. You can go back to order in person or shop online and add to your cart from the privacy of your home once you’ve reached your decision. What made the best mattress for back pain list ?
1. Sleep Innovations Shiloh 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress
- Lightly cradling comfort, doesn’t sink you in to deep-good for support
- Medium feel
- optimal for average to bigger body types
- Any position sleeper (side, back, stomach)
- Ideal if you or spouse toss and turn
- Proven pressure point relief and personalized alignment
2. DreamFoam Mattress Ultimate Dreams Cushion Firm Latex Mattress
- Great orthopedic support and pressure relief.
- 10” Ultra Plush Latex mattress with Bamboo cover. The quilted bamboo cover contains 100% biodegradable bamboo fibers
- 3 inches of Talalay Latex foam that instantly contours to each unique curve of your body without sinking in too deeply, offering support beneath.
- Available in multiple firmness levels to meet your specific needs
- Great for night sweaters…Softer than cotton with four times the moisture absorbency of cotton for a drier, cooler more comfortable sleep.
- Plush/Medium level is a plush feel. Mattress will have some softness to the top, but still offer the great support
3. Brentwood Home Cypress Cooling Gel Memory Foam Mattress, Non-Toxic
- high support- 13-inch height. 7.5-inch base offers a high level of long-lasting therapeutic support to prevent soreness and back pain.
- medium -feel cushioning firmness
- free shipping
- foams free of flame retardants, heavy metals, formaldehyde, and phthalates.
- 25 year warranty
- made in USA
4. Brooklyn Bedding Latex Mattress Queen, Medium
- No matter the weight range, this core will not sag prematurely and will last for many years to come. longevity.
- hypoallergenic, dust mite resistant, and mold & mildew proof
5. Tuft & Needle Mattress, Queen
- No.1 top-rated on Amazon
- universally comfortable foam mattress
- Not too soft, not too hard.
- fine tuned to evenly and comfortably distribute your body weight
- 30- night trial and easy returns, doubt you’ll need to return though
- Pressure relief as good as memory foam
- sleeps cooler than both memory foam and latex
- Has good bounce for night movements like tossing and turning, this bounce makes it easy to get in and out of bed
- your partner will love this! localized movement prevents disturbing sleep partners